Banana Walnut Cake
I’ve included a Banana Walnut Cake recipe to assist you in making a light, fluffy, and nutritious banana walnut cake.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hr
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins
COURSE: Breakfast, Dessert
CUISINE: American, British
SERVINGS: 1 loaf cake
- 140 g butter (softened)plus extra for greasing the tin
- 140 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder,a pinch of salt and bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 60 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Now our banana cake/banana bread/ banana want cake is ready.
- Enjoy the delicious Banana walnut cake.