About Mutton Fry Recipe | Mutton Recipes: An aromatic mutton fry dish from the Andhra cuisine, prepared with fragrant spices. This mutton dish is versatile enough to be served as a party appetizer and a dinner side dish. This dish may also be prepared during holidays such as Eid and Diwali. Here’s a dish that comes together quickly and simply, with just a few ingredients and takes less than an hour to cook.
Ingredients in Mutton Fry Recipe: The spice paste used in the preparation of mutton is Ulavacharu. which is not needed in this recipe. Curry leaves, ground red chillies, and a variety of spices are all present in this dish. Ulavacharu paste is a go-to rasam in Andhra Pradesh, India. It’s made with horse gram, giving it a high protein content. A variety of fragrant spices are blended to prepare the curry paste, which is served and garnished with coriander and ulavachar.
Ingredients Of Mutton Fry
- 500 Gram Mutton, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Water
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Ulavacharu paste (optional)
- For the base:
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 6-7 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 6-7 Green cardamom
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 Green chillies, sliced
- For garnishing Fresh coriander
- For garnishing Spring onion
How to Make Mutton Fry
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan and lightly brown the mutton to seal the juices.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, chili, ulavacharu paste (optional) and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame, stirring at intervals.
- Add the water and pressure cook for 20-25 minutes or 4-5 whistles, till the mutton is tender.
Prepare the base:
- In another pan, heat the oil, add cinnamon stick, green cardamom and cloves and let them splutter.
- Mix in the green chillies, then add the onions and curry leaves.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes and season it with salt.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 minutes, till the onions are soft.
- Then add the cooked mutton to this base and mix well.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala and cook for 7-8 minutes. till all the flavors combine together.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice and ulavacharu.
Key Ingredients: Mutton, Ginger garlic paste, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Vegetable oil, Water, Salt, Ulavacharu paste (optional), Oil, Cloves, Cinnamon stick, Green cardamom, Garam masala, Curry leaves, Onion, Green chillies, Fresh coriander, Spring onion