Banana Stew/Ethakka stew/curry/Payasam
When someone has a sweet tooth in the morning, this is the best thing to be served along with Payasam. This is yet another Banana Stew breakfast combination.
Prep: 35 min
Cook: 20 min
Difficulty: Very Easy
- Ripe Banana – 500 g
- Fresh Coconut scraped – 1- 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 4
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Roasted rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Water- 1 – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Cut the banana into little chunks. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a pressure cooker alongside the sliced banana. Meanwhile, prepare the Pidi.
- Boil 1-1/2 cups water with salt. When the water begins to bubble, add the cooked rice flour and combine thoroughly. Knead with plenty of water until you have a soft dough.
- Take a tiny piece of the dough with both hands and form it into a little ball. Then elongate it and give it a slight press to get the pidi shape.
- Steam the rice for 5 minutes in an idli steamer, then keep it warm. In a blender, combine the coconut and 1 cup water. Add the cardamom to the mixture and whirl until smooth.
- Take the milk from the coconut and set it aside. Put 2 cups of water in a pressure pan along with the thin coconut milk. Add the thin coconut milk and piddis to an open pressure pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the thick coconut milk and sugar to taste last,
- Sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions are combined to form a curry dish or can be served as an accompaniment. If desired, garnish with roasted cashew nut and raisins in ghee.