The goodness of almonds is combined in the Almond Katli, a very rich and delectable Indian dessert. This Almond Burfee might be called the ideal sweet for festivals and celebrations because it’s so delicious. Let’s learn how to prepare this at home.
How To Cook Almond Burfee?
Prep Time – 1 hr
Cook Time – 15 mins
Total Time – 1 hr 15 mins
Course – sweet
Cuisine – Indian
Servings – 15 Servings
- ¾ cup badam/almonds
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 4 cardamom / elachi (powdered)
- 2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- firstly, in a large bowl soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- now slowly peel the skin from badam and keep it aside.
- also, pat dries the badam making sure there is no moisture present.
- transfer the badam into a small blender and blend to a coarse powder. keep aside.
- meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup by adding ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- keeping the flame on low, stir continuously.
- boil the sugar syrup till it forms one string consistency.
- now add the prepared almond powder, saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- mix continuously keeping flame on low to medium.
- continue to mix continuously till the mixture starts to leave the pan.
- transfer the badam dough onto the butter paper.
- and allow cooling for 5 minutes.
- grease your hand with little ghee and knead for a minute.
- once you get a smooth dough, roll the dough with a rolling-pin,.
- furthermore, cut the dough into a square shape or the shape you wish for.
- you can also decorate with Silver Leaf/Silver Vark.
- finally, serve badam Burfi/Badam Katli on Diwali or any festival.