Britannia Style Rich Fruit Cake
During my youth, Britannia cakes were an excellent treat. So here, using my own spin on it, is the original recipe with some modifications. It’s exactly as moist and fluffy as you’d expect, with just the right sweetness. No more no less.
This moist slice of cake’s flavour of pineapple and each bite reminds me of my youth.
Let me know what you think of this easy yet delicious dish. The written recipe is here.
- 2- 8inch loaf tins
- Plain flour- 1.5cups (180grams)
- Custard powder – 2 tbsp(20grams)
- unsalted butter – 10tbsp (150 grams )
- Sugar – 1 cup (200grams)
- Eggs -3 (180grams without shell)
- Milk -1/4 cup( 50 ml )
- Karonda Cherries -1/3 cups
- Candied papaya and pineapple- 2/3 cups
- baking powder- 1.5 tsp ( 7grams)
- salt – 1/4 tsp (1gram)
- pineapple essence- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp