Vanilla cupcakes are small, individual-sized cakes that are typically made with a simple batter of flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. They are a classic dessert that has been around for many years and remain popular to this day.
Ingredients for making the perfect sponge cake:
- All-Purpose Flour: This is the base of the cupcake batter and is what gives the cupcakes their structure. You will need 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Sugar: Sugar is used to sweeten the cupcakes and help them rise. You will need 3/4 cup of sugar for this recipe.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent that helps the cupcakes rise. You will need 2 teaspoons of baking powder for this recipe.
- Salt: Salt is used to enhance the flavors in the cupcakes. You will need 1/4 teaspoon of salt for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter adds moisture and richness to the cupcakes. You will need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Eggs: Eggs help to bind the ingredients together and provide structure to the cupcakes. You will need 2 eggs for this recipe.
- Milk: Milk is used to add moisture to the cupcakes and help them rise. You will need 1/2 cup of milk for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is used for flavor and to enhance the vanilla taste in the cupcakes. You will need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for this recipe.
Equipment that you will need:
- Mixing Bowls: You will need at least 2 mixing bowls for this recipe, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
- Electric Mixer: An electric mixer is helpful for creaming the butter and sugar together and for mixing the batter.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: You will need measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure the ingredients.
- Cupcake Pan: A cupcake pan is used to bake the cupcakes. It should have 12 cupcake liners.
- Cupcake Liners: Cupcake liners are used to line the cupcake pan and prevent the cupcakes from sticking. They also add a pop of color to the cupcakes.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Baking Vanilla Cupcakes:
- Preparation: a. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). b. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Making the Batter: a. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. b. Add 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and 2 eggs to the dry ingredients. Beat the mixture until creamy. c. Gradually add in 1/2 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is well combined.
- Baking the Cupcakes: a. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter. b. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Decorating the Cupcakes (optional): a. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before decorating. b. Top with frosting of your choice or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
By following these steps, you will be able to bake delicious Vanilla Cupcakes that are perfect for any occasion. Enjoy your delicious and fluffy cupcakes!