Soft raisin loaf is a type of sweet bread that is made with raisins, flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and butter. The bread is typically light, fluffy, and slightly sweet, and the raisins add a chewy texture and a natural sweetness to the bread.
Soft raisin loaf is popular among many Asian people for several reasons. One reason is that it’s a versatile bread that can be enjoyed as a snack, as a breakfast treat, or as a dessert. The bread is also easy to make and can be enjoyed plain or toasted, with butter, or with other spreads or toppings.
In addition, the sweet and fruity flavor of the raisins is appealing to many people, and the bread has become a staple in many Asian households as a result. The popularity of soft raisin loaf has also grown as a result of its availability in Asian bakeries and supermarkets, making it a convenient and accessible treat for many people.
Here’s a simple recipe for making homemade soft raisin loaf bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup raisins
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast and warm milk together. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes until it begins to froth.
- Add the yeast mixture, beaten egg, and melted butter to the flour mixture. Stir until the ingredients are fully combined and form a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 8-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently punch down the risen dough and then fold in the raisins.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and place it in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the homemade soft raisin loaf warm, either plain or with your desired toppings.