Pista Kulfi Ice Cream
The traditional Pista Kulfi Ice Cream recipe. Kulfis are a classic Indian dessert. Pakistan and Bangladesh are among the countries where this is particularly popular. Furthermore, kulfis have a texture and appearance that is comparable to regular ice cream. These, on the other hand, are richer and creamier. Another common indian snack is also called the appom which you can find more information on our recipe section.
Prep Time – 6 hrs
Cook Time – 45 mins
Total Time – 6 hrs 45 mins
Course – Dessert
Cuisine – Indian
Servings – 2 Servings
- 1.5-litre milk (full cream)
- ¼ cup cream (optional)
- ¼ cup sugar (adjust to your sweetness)
- 20 pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1.5 – 2 liters of full cream milk should be heated in a thick bottomed pan to a boil first.
- Add cream once the milk reaches a boil and stir thoroughly.
- Be sure to put the water back on before it boils. After simmering for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, add sugar and give it a good mix.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes or until the milk thickens fully.
- Add ground almonds, warmed milk and saffron to the recipe. Add pistachios, rice milk or yogurt, and cardamom powder if desired.
- Then add the vegetables, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Once the milk is completely cooled, carefully place them in kulfi moulds or a plastic glass.
- Cover the glass with cling wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
- Furthermore, freeze the cup for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- The wearer should come out at least after 5 hours, but usually much longer. place a stick in between the cup to ensure it stays set.
- then slowly warm up by rubbing in between your hands. you can also dip in warm water.
- gently, remove the kulfi from the glass/mould and garnish with a few chopped pistachios.
- finally, serve kulfi immediately.