Making egg puffs is actually very simple, even for those who are not experienced in the kitchen. Here is a simple recipe for egg puffs that anyone can follow:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Optional toppings: grated cheese, chopped herbs, diced ham or bacon, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the milk, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, thyme, and basil (if using) to the eggs, and whisk until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add it to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the puffs are golden brown and have risen.
- Remove the egg puffs from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the egg puffs warm, with your desired toppings.
These delicious eggless puffs can also be paired with coconut rolls. With these simple steps, you should be able to make delicious egg puffs in no time. Enjoy!
Looking to learn more about food business in Singapore? Check out our guide